Renovation Ideas for your Commercial Property
Fire damage, flood damage or leaks at your home or commercial property can cause serious disruption and distress, so it’s vital you know what you’re doing to repair the problem as quickly and effectively as possible.
Here’s our guide to getting things back to normal after a fire, flood or leak:
What to do first
Once the emergency services have made the situation safe, they will advise you on the immediate action to take. It may seem overwhelming, but it’s vital that you contact your insurers as a first priority if your policy covers you for such claims. They may arrange for an assessor or loss adjuster to visit your property, but do not wait for this before acting to minimise the damage.
Renovation and restoration work
Whether your property had been damaged by fire, flood or leak, it is likely that restoration and refurbishment work will be required. It is vital that your property is checked for any structural damage and that this is addressed immediately as both fire and water damage can cause serious damage to the integrity of a building; please make this your first priority.
Once you know whether structural repair is required you will be able to plan the general refurbishments to the rest of the property. Some people use this as an opportunity to make changes while the work is being completed, including the fitting of increased flood protection; speak to your builder about the options and check whether this will affect any insurance claim.
Whatever the level of damage, it is likely that you will need to involve a range of trades (plumbing, electrical work, decorating, woodwork) so we recommend completing research to find the right companies for your needs.
For commercial electrical services in Brisbane, we highly recommend Speedy Electrical. This team of professional electricians has over 20 years of experience serving the commercial industry across Margate, Brendale and Chemside.
Speedy Electrical Services include:
- Emergency Electrical Services
- Test and Tagging
- General Power Services
- Emergency and Exit Lights
- Machinery Repairs
- Three Phase Power Installations
- All Installation and Upgrades
- Switchboard Upgrades
- Extra Lights and PowerPoints
The key thing is to find a contractor you know you can trust, and who understand the stress you have been under, so you get your home or business back to normal as quickly and simply as possible.
Electric underfloor heating does exactly as is states: warms a room or even an entire building via a heating system underneath the floor. Continue reading.
Underfloor heating is generally thought of as a new innovation, but it has been used for centuries in different parts of the world. Suitable for all types of property, whether residential or commercial and can be easily linked to an existing heating system.
The many advantages of underfloor heating are:
- Even heat distribution: Creating a comfortable environment: reducing cold or hot spots in the room.
- Energy efficient: with good insulation, the room thermostat can be set 2 – 3°C lower than a room heated by radiators. Saving approx 15% – 20% on fuel bills.
- Improved indoor air quality: Consequently this can reduce environmental triggers for asthma suffers.
- Freedom for innovative interior design: no radiators and pipes offer more space and freedom for the interior design of any building.
- Easy to install and cost-effective: underfloor heating can be fitted as a DIY project, or by a professional.
- Compatible with other green energy efficient heat sources e.g. heat pumps, solar, and condensing boilers.
For more benefits of underfloor heating, read this article.